How to request a duplicate certificate and how to obtain a transcript of results are two of the most frequent enquiries we receive in the Alumni Office. We aim to guide you through the process of requesting a certificate below. Please note that this service is provided by the University's Academic Office. The Alumni Association cannot deal with your request directly, but if you are experiencing difficulties you are welcome to contact us for additional support in contacting the relevant department(s).
Applications for duplicate certificates must be made in writing using one of the following methods.
For undergraduate and postgraduate degree awards obtained in 1993 or later:
- Replacement certificates cost £50.
- For UK addresses, certificates will be sent via Royal Mail Special Delivery at an additional cost of £7.
- For overseas addresses, certificates will be sent via DHL Courier Service at an additional cost of £20.
- Please visit our Academic Office online store to place your order.
For undergraduate and postgraduate degree awards obtained in 1992 or earlier:
- Replacement certificates cost £46.
- Please download this pdf form to make your application.
- Return the form to: Centre for Inclusion and Collaborative Partnerships (CICP), Wilson Building (B Block) Level 1, The Open University, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA.
For BTEC (Edexcel) awards obtained in 1994 or later:
The certificate which the University issues as proof of the conferment of an award is a unique and valuable document which should be carefully preserved by its recipient. Under no circumstances will the University issue additional copies or duplicates to any applicant holding an original certificate. Duplicates have precisely the same standing as the original which they replace, are produced in the format currently in use and may not be a fax copy of the original.
The loss or destruction of a certificate is a serious matter and a duplicate will only be issued at the discretion of the University. The University reserves the right not to issue a duplicate or to specify the reasons for its decision.
Should you have any further questions, please contact the Academic Office on +44 (0)115 848 4648.